I’m obsessed with making these raw cacao truffles. Now that I’ve started work, I always find myself craving something sweet after lunch. This often leads me to eating an entire chocolate bar a day (if you’ve ever had Whittaker’s coconut block you’ll understand). This is a problem because I sit all day long and can definitely see that I’ve put on some weight. That’s why these raw cacao truffles are the best things I’ve discovered in a while. They’re packed with antioxidants, are sugar free (the dates make it sweet) and contains essential fats.
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates (I bought mine at Great in Pacific Place)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (also from Great)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (this and everything else on the list I ordered from iherb.com)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
What to do:
- soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften
- soak the chia seeds in about 1/8 cup of water for 10 minutes
- put everything in a food processor (if you don’t have one like me, my Vitamix blender seems to work fine)
- blend all the ingredients until smooth
- roll the mixture into bite sized balls
- roll balls into desiccated coconut
- place them in the refrigerator and let it sit for a while
Mmm…seriously tastes just like chocolate
Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous 2014 !!!!!!
Char Bar wearing a red turtle neck and a sweater she bought from ABNS, and Jing in her beloved black faux fur Vince jacket.
Not as cold as previous days, but still chilly to the bone when not covered properly!